Friday, February 18, 2022 from 9:30 a.m.
On Friday February 18, 2022, we are organising an open day for all parents who would like to understand better French pedagogy and enrol their child at Ecole du Nord. Parents of EDN, you are undoubtedly the best ambassadors to members of your family, work colleagues or acquaintances who are wondering about French-style education, the place of English in the school curriculum, student opportunities after the baccalaureate, etc. Ecole du Nord educates all children from the age of 3, whatever their nationality, and guarantees them a complete school experience up to the Baccalaureate with the continuation of studies at Lycée des Mascarenes. EDN also belongs to the AEFE network, made up of more than 540 establishments around the world, where students can continue their studies if their family moves overseas.
Created in 1974, Ecole du Nord is a multilingual educational establishment founded almost 50 years ago in the Labourdonnais Village in Mapou. This day will be an opportunity to discover the only school of the l’Agence pour l’Enseignement Français à l’Etranger located in the north of the island. The school’s management team and the parents’ association will be on standby to help you discover a unique school in Mauritius, in an exceptional architectural and environmental setting. Visiting parents will find out more about the teaching curriculum in French and in English from the Petite Section de Maternelle (children aged 3 years) to the 3ème class (children aged 15 years). We will present to them the continuance of further studies up to the baccalaureate at Lycée des Mascareignes, as well as opportunities in French, Mauritian and English-speaking higher education.
- Doors open
- Presentation of a health pass or a PCR test less than 7 days old
- Temperature-taking and hand sanitation
- Welcome by Mrs Béla MOHUN, Registrar
9:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.:
- Coffee-Tea-Juice at the school canteen
- Greetings with the parents’ association (ADN) and management
9:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.:
- Presentation of Ecole du Nord:
- The AEFE network and the quality of schooling
- The involvement of parents with the AEN (school association) and the ADN (the parents’ association which participates in school life)
- Extra-curricular activities and sports association (more than 50 in the fields of culture, creativity and sport)
- The school canteen (meals made on site, combining taste and nutritional quality)
- Educational projects related to sustainable development and the ECO-SCHOOL label
- Supporting children in an inclusive school
- The British International Section (50% of courses in English)
- Modern languages: English, Spanish and German
- The library, science laboratories, computer rooms
- The architectural and environmental site, an exceptional setting for development
- Information and exchanges with ADN parents: why did you choose Ecole du Nord? Your parenting experience? The strengths of the school in the face of the pandemic? The level of English? Available study options?
- Tour of the establishment in groups
11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.:
- Return to salle polyvalente: Q&As, additional information, presentation file of EDN + ADN contacts
Open day registration
In order to ensure the best reception, we invite parents to register via this form:
Labourdonnais Village – Mapou
Labourdonnais roundabout, Beau Plateau Rd, first car park on the right.
Google map : https://goo.gl/maps/EZ3dEWgpJGdGh9619
Summary Open Day December 2021
Ecole du Nord welcomed around twenty parents in strict compliance with sanitary conditions to present French education to them during French high schools around the world week.
After a general introduction by the management team and the communication officer, they were able to visit the exceptional site of Ecole du Nord, and experience the pedagogical expertise deployed in particular in Maternelle classes, guided by our trainer Virginie Auger, and also by the members of the ADN, always present to promote their experience and with a guarantee of excellence. The absence of the pupils was replaced by the production of several short films which made it possible to give a little more life to this tour.